Help with Logos
Editing a logo
You can Edit an existing logo, it's details and/or upload a new logo image.
- Name: Name your logo so that it makes sense and is unique.
- Logo Image: Select a logo image from your computer to upload. This image is not final artwork so you may create a background canvas. Although it's important to keep the canvas simple and to let the logo stand out and stand on it's own merits. Logos must be uploaded as a 600px X 600px RGB .jpg or .png. We recommend you create a canvas in Photoshop (or similar) and place your logo design on it before uploading. Note: Original and Final Artwork should be vector based with few exceptions. Use Photoshop only to create your logo image for upload.
- Notes: It's helpful (and mandatory) to describe the idea behind the logo, or why you designed it a particular way, or the history of the logo. Remember the description is searchable and it helps other users and search engines find your design and portfolio. Think of it as free advertising!
You can use textile to enhance your notes. See this page for details.
- Keywords: You MUST add at least 3 Keywords to your logo. These will help users find and filter logos when searching and browsing.
- Visibility: If the logo is a competition entry you can optionally make your competition entry invisible to competitors by clicking the "Only the Client can see this logo" checkbox. This will means only the client and the designer will be able to view the logo until the competition closes, after which the logo will be visible to all. We don't recommend this option as you will not be able to receive comments or votes from users, however the option is there is you want to use it.
- Competition Entries: You can't edit or delete a competition entry. However you can Withdraw it. If you need to make a change or upload a new version, you'll need to make a new competition entry and upload your new logo image. This is a basic form of versioning and clients and the community like to see the progress a design or designer makes.
- Brand Details: Enter Brand Name, Strapline (tagline) and Brand Owner (usually a company name) if they are available. Not required for Competition entries.
- Click Update to save the changes. Note that when you update a logo your the votes/score associated with it will be reset to zero.